At a Glance
- An established institution that previously served our community for over ten years as the East Bay (Berkeley) campus of the German International School of Silicon Valley (GISSV) and independently at our new Emeryville campus since 2018.
- A highly qualified international faculty inspiring students and preparing them to continue their education at top-tier high schools and universities in the US and abroad.
- A diverse community of students, parents, teachers and staff who share a passion for learning through the lens of German language and cultural immersion.
Exceptional Preschool through high school education. Our small class sizes allow teachers to give individualized support to each of our students and challenge them to realize their full potential.
- Preschool and Kindergarten blending early language and math concepts with social-emotional education, gross and fine motor activities, music and art exploration, and intercultural learning.
- Elementary School (grades 1-4) focusing on language and quantitative competencies, the arts, experimental science, and physical education.
- Middle School (grades 5-8) emphasizing advanced academic skills and independence while supporting personal development and growth.
- High School (grade 9 in 2021 and growing to grade 12 by 2025) building upon our innovative middle school curriculum our high school program will lead to the highly regarded International Baccalaureate Diploma Progamme in grades 11 and 12.
Dual language German/English immersion. We employ rigorous and developmentally appropriate German curricula to develop students' strengths across academic disciplines as well as their critical thinking skills, social-emotional competencies, artistic expression, and motor skills. Our students receive project-based, literature-rich English language instruction in every grade.
A spacious campus including large classrooms, bilingual library, dedicated music and art spaces, a science laboratory, an auditorium, athletic facilities, and ample play space.
A competitive tuition structure and tuition assistance for eligible families.
German is the national language of Europe's largest and the world's fourth largest economy. Considering Germany’s influence in the arts as well as in science, engineering, and business fields, it is clear that German language fluency opens the door to a world of opportunities.
With over 100 million German speakers in Germany and across the world, German has a truly global cultural and linguistic presence. That’s why EBGIS is an international school, not just a German school. We see the world through the lens of German language and cultural immersion, actively engage with other cultures, and create opportunities for our students to learn in a dynamic, multidimensional way with a global perspective.