Our tuition assistance program is designed to increase access to EBGIS for families from a broad range of economic circumstances. Our tuition assistance decisions are guided by a family’s ability to pay school costs and our school’s policies and core values, including our desire to create and sustain the diverse community that is so critical as our students become engaged and responsible global citizens
Applying for tuition assistance
At EBGIS we partner with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS in our tuition assistance process. SSS by NAIS is a division of the National Association of Independent Schools and is widely used by independent schools to determine a family's ability to pay school costs. SSS ensures that all participating schools use the same methods and objective procedures to assess a family’s ability to pay tuition. If you would like to apply for tuition assistance, you will need to complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
All parents/guardians, including those who are separated, divorced, or unmarried must complete the PFS.
The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take significant time to complete. We recommend that you allow yourself ample time and not wait until the deadline to begin the PFS process. You will need your prior year’s tax return and W-2 before beginning the PFS. We also recommend that you review the wide range of materials that SSS has assembled to help families with the tuition assistance process. You can find these at sssbynais.org/parents.For families living and working outside the United States, please visit the SSS web page “Tips for International Applicants” which includes information and forms necessary to support an application.
How to complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) online
- Go to https://sss.secure.force.com/familyportal.
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2020-21. You can log out of PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
- After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The fee is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you’ll have access in PFS Online to a section called “My Documents.” You can upload the additional required documents there.
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. Remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Return to PFS Online and login.
- Select the Academic Year 2020-21 button.
- From PFS Online, click on the “My Documents” tab.
- On the “My Documents” page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the "Required Documents" section of the PFS. Clicking either the upload button or a hyperlink will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the “Date Uploaded” column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.
If you wish to submit required documents by mail, send them to School and Student Services, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. For overnight service, use: SSS, Application Processing Center, 15 Dan Road, Suite 102, Canton, MA 02021. If you need help completing the PFS, contact SSS customer service at (800) 344-8328.
- Our school’s full name: East Bay German International School
- Our school’s SSS code: 9206
- Contact information for our tuition assistance office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due date for completing the PFS: January 24, 2020
- Due date for submitting additional documents (see below): March 2, 2020
- Documents we may require you to submit in addition to the PFS include 2017 and 2018 Tax Returns, W-2s, Form 4056-T and other supporting documents. 2018 Tax Returns are due by March 1.
Our tuition assistance program is designed to increase access to EBGIS for families from a broad range of economic circumstances. EBGIS reviews each application and supporting documents and the “Estimated Family Contribution” and other information received from SSS. In some cases, we may ask to interview a family in order to more accurately understand an applicant’s situation. In making our decision, we consider our available budget and each family’s financial need using the information from the PFS as a starting point. Our decision is also guided by our school’s policies and core values, including our desire to create and sustain the diverse community that is so critical as our students become engaged and responsible global citizens.
If the PFS and all required documents are submitted on time, we will make a decision on your tuition assistance application at the time of our admission decision. If all required documents are not available by the submission deadline, we may make a provisional decision that is subject to our receipt and review of the outstanding documents.